10-12 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
200ml full fat coconut cream
1 cup beef stock
Himalayan rock salt
Coconut oil (for cooking)
1. Cut the mushrooms, into slices.
2. Turn an electric fry pan to heat on medium, spoon In half the coconut oil
3. Once the coconut oil is reduced down add in all the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in the other half of coconut oil to the pan, mushrooms absorb it very fast and we don’t want them to dry out.
5. Sprinkle the tapioca flour into the pan over the mushrooms and mix well, make sure all the mushrooms are coated.
6. Add a quarter of the beef stock into the pan and stir, add the beef stock gradually, let it thicken before you add more in, reduce the heat on the pan to low.
7. Repeat until all the beef stock is in.
8. Next we add in the coconut cream to the pan, repeat the same process add gradually in 2-3 lots.
9. Season the mushroom sauce with pepper and rock salt and pan should be on simmer.
10. Now it’s time to serve with your favorite dishes. Enjoy.